Our Vision & Values
Our Vision is a neighborhood that is happier, healthier, more cooperative and supportive than traditional neighborhood models.
- Learning and growing together as a community and as individuals
- Inclusiveness, diversity, independence and choice
- Creating a true sense of belonging
- Sharing and respect; purpose and fun
- Reciprocity, an opportunity to both give and receive
- A strong connection to the surrounding neighborhood
Imagine a community where. . .
- You live in a privately owned home
- You regularly share in community activities such as shared meals, gardening, hiking, exercise, game groups, crafting, cooking, bicycling, etc.
- You are immersed in or close to a lively city neighborhood near grocery stores, shops, and restaurants
- You have easy transit access to a lively cultural scene
- You are surrounded by people with common values and diverse life experiences who treat one another with kindness, empathy, and respect
- You care for each other as capabilities change
- Your neighbors are your friends
If you can imagine this lifestyle, then Harwood Village may be a good fit for you.